A while ago, Dirk Jongkind and I had a brief email exchange and one comment he made really resonated with me: 
I have a strong conviction that reading Greek should be something common within the church
I share this conviction. 

I believe that the church will be stronger when individual Christians throughout the world are immersed in God's Word in the original languages. 

But what does "reading Greek" mean? 

I believe it means having the freedom to pick up any Greek NT and read it without tools and helps.

It means reading with fluency, confidence and increasing clarity. It means understanding the nuance of the words and syntactical constructions that the authors use. 

Using a Reader's Edition is a tempting way to do this, but one that, I think is ultimately unhelpful to achieve this end. 

In this video, I'll explain my reasoning, and show why, even if you prove me wrong, I'll ultimately be right!
Image
Watch Now


Now you might think I'm bonkers, or maybe you'll see my reasoning... either way, I encourage you to share your thoughts in the comments section here.

The key to being able to read fluently like this is to have a system that will allow you to get there.

That is what MNTG is, and that is why I look forward to continue to serving you!

In Christ,
Darryl