It's easy to just jump into Bible reading without really having a little more knowledge of what we're reading.

Who wrote this? When? What was going on?

How does the structure of each book help the author's message?

How should we read this as scripture?

This is where Survey books (or introduction books) come in handy.

They provide background information on the New Testament, book by book, with historical background, useful connections between other biblical texts and much more.

This week in my regularly scheduled YouTube video, I share with you my review of a brand new book by Dr. Jonathan Pennington and Constantine Campbell, and share my thoughts with you (good and bad).
Image
Watch Now

Are you interested in this sort of book? Want me to do more reviews like this? Yes? No?

Let me know in the comments.

Thanks for watching!

In Christ,
Darryl