webmaster220.blogspot.com , did you know that I used to work in a meat processing plant? 

 

Yup. Way back in the day, when I was a fresh young Christian, my job was to inspect meat at a processing plant. Needless to say, I didn't love it.  

Partly because, I came home every day smelling like the inside of a sheep, partly because I found the job intensely boring and partly because it was intimidating having to tell big rough guys with razor sharp knives that they had to wash more often!

At that time I was living in the back end of a tiny little rural town that I didn't really fit into. While I was attending a little church, there weren't many people my age, and my long term prospects in this little place weren't great. 

The whole situation was pretty dismal.  

There were a couple of bright points though.

First, I was courting a wonderful young woman, who I later married. Of course, this meant that I had to do my best to get rid of the smell before I saw her! 

But second, In the precious minutes when I was alone, and it was just me and eviscerated sheep organs, I had one self-assigned task that was keeping me sane.  

 

What was it, you might ask? 

 

I was memorising the book of Colossians. 

 

That's right. In a time where the future was not so bright, I clung fast to the one source of hope and truth, the word of God. 

It turns out that while memorizing scripture was great for my walk with Christ, it was not so great for my job performance.  

 

Now, I don't claim to know anything about your life situation, but this I do know.  

 

Life is unpredictable, messy, and at times, hard. You don't have to be inspecting lamb lungs to feel that desperation, though that happened to be the case for me.  

 

If you're feeling directionless, distant from God, or uncertain about what God wants for you, there's only one remedy: Godly wisdom which comes directly from the Word. 

 

And for a really unshakeable knowledge of what God communicates in his word, you won't find any better way than to read it in the original Greek.  

 

Now, the idea of reading the New Testament in Greek seems unattainable, I have an idea that should make it easy to get started.
 

And I'm going to be telling you all about it in the next couple of days. 

 

In the meantime, hit reply to this email and let me know how the word of God has helped keep you steady when things were hard.

I look forward to hearing from you!

In Christ 
Darryl