Hey webmaster220.blogspot.com,  

Did you get a chance to watch Neil's story yesterday about how he struggled through twenty years of solo Greek learning before he joined MNTG? 

If you didn't manage to sit and watch the video, that's ok! I've jotted down some of the best bits for you to read instead.   

Neil's journey with New Testament Greek started with attending a church sermon. He recalls... 

One of the guys who preached in our church... he was reading the text out, and then talking about it, and I asked him afterwards, and said "Well, which version are you using?", and he said, 

"Well, that's my own translation." and I thought, Ooh, wow! Didn't know people could do their own translations!

From here Neil's passion was ignited...  

I then bought John Dobson's book... and started learning that, and doing it myself, basically... I went through three editions of it, and as one wore out, I bought the next edition... And it took me twenty years to get through to the end of James Dobson's book! 

Why did it take him so long? Here's what he says...  

You get to a point where you're a bit overloaded, and then you stop for a bit, and then other things take over, and then by the time you get back round to it, you've forgotten stuff and you have to start again. And I was doing it on my own of course... There was nobody talking it through with me, mentoring me... 

After 20 years, Neil finally finished the book, and then moved on to more books...  

When I finished it... I bought Wallace's book, I started looking at that and I thought, "hang on a minute, there's a lot of gaps here"...  

So I thought, "well, I'll get Mounce"... 'Cause I realized they were linked, and worked my way through that on my own... But apart from studying the Greek texts for what was necessary to do the exercises, I just didn't have the impetus to go further into the actual Greek text itself. 

You see, it wasn't that Neil wasn't passionate enough about learning Greek, he just didn't have anyone guiding the way for him... 

And once he joined the MNTG Mastery Membership, he realized... 

It's not the learning of the vocabulary that's hard, it's the way to go about doing it.  

With guidance and a group of people studying alongside him, Neil quickly made a lot of progress in a short amount of time. Now he's a moderator in our Community and already at stage 4 of 5 of mastering New Testament Greek! 

And finally, his word of encouragement for you...  

It's possible to make headway on your own, but it's an awful lot easier to make headway if you've got a likeminded group to do it with. 

webmaster220.blogspot.com, I'll be opening the doors to join the Mastery Membership later this month.  

If you've been learning Greek on your own for some time, don't you think it'd benefit you exponentially to join a program which teaches a proven system from beginner to mastery, and an enthusiastic community to study alongside you? 

Is it time you made progress with knowing God's word in a deeper, more fulfilling way?

If so, stay tuned. More info coming your way soon.  

Blessings! 

Darryl