Did you know there was a tool for good health in the New Testament? Not “Judgement” because the power of that word is too much for the believer to wield, but “Discernment” or “Recognizing.” Just a little different, but not too different because they both have the root word “κρίνω”(Krino) in them. In this block quote, the word translated “judged” appears twice. The first row of transliterated Greek is literal spelling which means grammatically accurate for prefix and suffix purposes. The second row of transliterated Greek is root spelling, not grammatically accurate, but often the root word is easier to discuss than the specific literal word. In this case, Krino is the same on both lines of transliterated Greek.
The Final Judgment
- 11 And I saw a great white throne and the one sitting on it.
- kai eidon megas leukos thronos kai ho kathēmai epi autos
- kai oraō megas leukos thronos kai o edraios epi autos
- CLN VAAI1S JASM JASM NASM CLN DASM VPUP-SAM P RP3ASM
- 2532 3708 3173 3022 2362 2532 3588 2521 1909 846
- The earth and • sky fled from his presence • , but they
- ho gē kai ho ouranos pheugō apo hos prosōpon ho kai autos
- o gē kai o ouranos pheugō apo os prosōpon o kai autos
- DNSF NNSF CLN DNSM NNSM VAAI3S P RR-GSM NGSN DGSN CLN RP3DPM
- 3588 1093 2532 3588 3772 5343 575 3739 4383 3588 2532 846
- found no place to hide . 12 • I saw the dead , both • great and
- heuriskō ou topos kai eidon ho nekros ho megas kai
- euriskō ou topos kai oraō o nekros o megas kai
- VAPI3S BN TN NNSM CLN VAAI1S DAPM JAPM DAPM JAPM CLN
- 2147 3756 5117 2532 3708 3588 3498 3588 3173 2532
- • small , standing before God’s throne . And the books were opened ,
- ho mikros histēmi enōpion ho thronos kai biblion anoigō
- o mikros istēmi enōpion o thronos kai biblos anoigō
- DAPM JAPM VRAP-PAM P B DGSM NGSM CLN NNPN VAPI3P
- 3588 3398 2476 1799 3588 2362 2532 975 455
- including the Book • • of • Life . And the dead were
- kai allos anoigō biblion hos eimi ho zōē kai ho nekros
- kai allos anoigō biblos os eimi o zaō kai o nekros
- CLN JNSN VAPI3S NNSN RR-NSN VPAI3S DGSF NGSF CLN DNPM JNPM
- 2532 243 455 975 3739 1510 3588 2222 2532 3588 3498
- judgedaccording to what they had done, as recorded in the
- krinō kata ho autos ergon ek ho graphō en ho
- krinō kata o autos ergon ek o graphō en o
- VAPI3P* P DAPN RP3GPM NAPN P DGPN VRPP-PGN P DDPN
- 2919* 2596 3588 846 2041 1537 3588 1125 1722 3588
- books. 13 • The sea gave up • • its dead , • and •
- biblion kai ho thalassa didōmi ho en autos nekros ho kai ho
- biblos kai o thalassa didōmi o en autos nekros o kai o
- NDPN CLN DNSF NNSF VAAI3S DAPM P RP3DSF JAPM DAPM CLN DNSM
- 975 2532 3588 2281 1325 3588 1722 846 3498 3588 2532 3588
- death and the grave * gave up • • their dead . • And all
- thanatos kai ho hadēs didōmi ho en autos nekros ho kai hekastos
- thnēskō kai o adēs didōmi o en autos nekros o kai ekastos
- NNSM CLN DNSM NNSM VAAI3P DAPM P RP3DPM JAPM DAPM CLN JNSM
- 2288 2532 3588 86 1325 3588 1722 846 3498 3588 2532 1538
- were judged according to their • deeds . 14 Then • death and
- krinō kata autos ho ergon kai ho thanatos kai
- krinō kata autos o ergon kai o thnēskō kai
- VAPI3P* P RP3GPM DAPN NAPN CLN DNSM NNSM CLN
- 2919* 2596 846 3588 2041 2532 3588 2288 2532
- the grave were thrown into the lake of • fire .
- ho hadēs eblēthēsan eis tēn limnēn tou pyros
- o adēs ballō eis 1 o limnē o pyr
- DNSM NNSM VAPI3P P DASF NASF DGSN NGSN
- 3588 86 906 1519 3588 3041 3588 4442
- This lake of fire is the second death.
- houtos hē limnē tou pyros estin ho deuteros thanatos ho
- outos o limnē o pyr eimi o dyo thnēskō o
- RD-NSM DNSF NNSF DGSN NGSN VPAI3S DNSM JNSM NNSM DNSM
- 3778 3588 3041 3588 4442 1510 3588 1208 2288 3588
- 15 And • anyone whose name was not found recorded in the Book
- kai ei tis ouch heurethē gegrammenos en tē biblō
- kai ei tis ou euriskō graphō en o biblos
- CLN CAC RX-NSM BN TN VAPI3S VRPP-SNM P DDSF NDSF
- 2532 1487 5100 3756 2147 1125 1722 3588 976
- of • Life was thrown into the lake of • fire . 
- tēs zōēs eblēthē eis tēn limnēn tou pyros
- o zaō ballō eis 1 o limnē o pyr
- DGSF NGSF VAPI3S P DASF NASF DGSN NGSN
- 3588 2222 906 1519 3588 3041 3588 4442
The root word is 2919. κρίνω krinō meaning judge as I previously discussed, however if you want to change the word and the meaning of the word by using a Greek prefix, you can use Dia-.
An example of the new word Diakrisin based on the root word Krino meaning Recognize in the New Testament is found here, in the New Living Translation:
(Heb 5:14) 14 Solid food is for those who are mature, who through training have the skill to
recognize the difference between right and wrong.
*NASF is Noun Accusative Singular Feminine
*1253 διάκρισις diakrisis, dee-ak´-ree-sis; from 1252; judicial estimation:— discern (-ing), disputation.0
where we are told we must Recognize, as opposed to Judging, which we are told in Matthew 7:1 we must not do. Another example is the use of the word Diakrisis based on the root word Krino which is one of the Gifts of the Spirit listed in 1 Co 12:10 in the New Living Translation:
discernwhether a message is from theSpiritof God or from anotherspirit
*NNPF is Noun Nominative Plural Feminine
*1253 διάκρισις diakrisis, dee-ak´-ree-sis; from 1252; judicial estimation:— discern (-ing), disputation.
Here is the same word diakrisis in the Amplified translation:1 Corinthians 12:9-11 Amplified Bible (AMP)
When we judge matters (leave the judging to God Matthew 7:1 and Revelation 20:11–15)
When we are given a gift of discernment of spirits from the Holy Spirit
This concludes my composition, note, sermon or presentation about a confusing topic.
Strong, J. (1996). The New Strong’s Dictionary of Hebrew and Greek Words. Nashville: Thomas Nelson.
Tyndale House Publishers. (2013). Holy Bible: New Living Translation (Heb 5:14). Carol Stream, IL: Tyndale House Publishers.
Tyndale House Publishers. (2013). Holy Bible: New Living Translation (1 Corinthians 12:9-11). Carol Stream, IL: Tyndale House Publishers.
 Strong, J. (1996). The New Strong’s Dictionary of Hebrew and Greek Words. Nashville: Thomas Nelson.
Amplified Bible (AMP) 1 Corinthians 12:9-11 Copyright © 2015 by The Lockman Foundation, La Habra, CA 90631. All rights reserved.
Affiliate marketer links: Affiliate marketer Rick Livermore will earn a commission on the items you buy from faith gateway store. If you would like to offset my expenses of producing all this free content, but you want to pass on buying bible and book reading materials from Faith Gateway store, feel free to give a little something-------Give through PayPal-----Rick Livermore-Webmaster220
Brought to you by Rick Livermore
I live in Laguna Niguel California now
a fan of
also a fan of
Thank you for your support for the work I did while I lived in Arizona.
I am currently selling my Arizona home;if you are interested in it. My realtor is: